Glaze tests

I have been experimenting with different glazes and different applications lately, to come up with the perfect combination for my three part vases. This was my first round of testing and like usual, the results are never quite what you would expect. img_1457

I added yellow iron oxide to the bottom glaze and chrome to the top. I was hoping to get a blend from yellow to green but it turns out the yellow iron oxide turns green anyways. So instead of getting a gradient all I got was green to green.

Also the yellow Iron Oxide I painted on the handles turned a very dark brown.

Im not sure pleased with the outcome of this and that makes me really happy. This is why testing is so important. Round two is coming soon. img_1460

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*